17 January 2013

Lest We Forget January 18, 1913

[caption id="attachment_384" align="aligncenter" width="300"]From Clem Dickson's Album of photos taken in Manitoba and Alberta Canada From Clem Dickson's Album of photos taken in Manitoba and Alberta Canada[/caption]

Sometimes I try to imagine what my grandfather would think if he could see this blog...100 years after he wrote the words and took the pictures! What a world!!! "Lest We Forget"

On Sunday, January 19, 1913, Clem and his co-workers decided to "sleep in". He didn't get up until 8 o'clock!! Half the day was gone!!! The transcription here is exact with all the misspelling and grammar as he wrote it.

Our morning in, didn’t get up till 8 AM. went and had breakfast at Smith. When Steve and I came back I had a bath and did a big washing, suite of underware shirt towel, two pair sock 4 hank. Got through about 430 then had a little sleep till 6 oclock then went to supper after supper I wrote to Maud. Cullerne still in Edson. Three trains ran over us and Cullerne didn’t come home.
[Maud was Clem’s eldest sister. Her married name was Fisher and her husband may have been the “Jim Fisher” to whom he had written a letter on the 16th]

1 comment:

  1. I often wonder the same thing. What would my grandparents think if they knew that someday their letters would be published for the whole world to read?

    ReplyDelete